Sunday, November 9, 2008

Date night and babysitting trade-

We traded babysitting this weekend with our good friends, the Currey's, so we could both have Date Night for to celebrate our wedding anniversaries that we discovered are just a few days apart. We went to a very nice dinner (how strange to be able to eat without "Hey, stop that! We don't play with our food!" etc.) and then we realized that we are getting really old because we just wanted to come home and go to sleep!!!

At the restaurant- ahhh, a quiet dinner!

When the Currey kids came to our house to play, Gabe and Emma decided a little dancing was in order, and then Emma declared them MARRIED- ack! Apparently, kids grow up quick these days!!!!



They sure did have fun dancing together!!!

Kadin found Gabe's Hulk hands, and decided they were pretty cool!

4 comments:

The Finnestad Family said...

Looks like it ended up being a great weekend for everyone...adults and kids alike! You may have to do this more often than once a year!

The Earnhardt Family said...

That's great!!! That's such a good picture of you & Ron, I love it! I'm glad you guys had such a nice night without the kid, and that then you could repay the favor and let the Currey's out too, what a great idea :-) Oh yeah, and maybe Gabe can wear the Hulk Hands down the aisle at his & Emma's wedding, green can be their wedding color :-)

Jennifer said...

Thank you...thank you...thank you!!!

I so owe you! We need to take Gabe at least 3 more times to make up for that 3 to 1 ratio. I can't believe that we are already in-laws! I really thought we had a few more years before we were going to start fighting over the holidays! I want Christmas!!

The Williams Five said...

Looks like fun was had by all. I especially like the fact that after dancing Emma declared her and Gabe married. That is hilarious!!